It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

it's possible to implement all my automations for Workitems.

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | asked Nov 20 '13, 9:21 a.m.
it is necessary to create an API ?

it's possible to implement all my automations ?

- changing state of parent workitem when children change state
- create a workitem automaticaly when we change state of a
workitem
- calculate the owner of the workitem with the information
contained in the workitem
- display in a workitem, an information from the parent workitem

#############################################

- How to change the status of a use case where job changes state (eg pass a use case status "in
course "when a task also requires" ongoing ")?

- How to create work items automatically when changing state or action of a button according to data
in the work item?

- How to automatically inform the player of a work item in according to data contained in the Workitem (or how to
establish a mapping between an attribute of the work item and a person?)

- How to display tasks in information from the case parent use?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 20 '13, 9:25 a.m.

all but the last one will require some Participant server side java plugin. 

the last one is generally a report, RTC doesn't have web page content when displaying a workitem, only workitem field content.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 20 '13, 9:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 20 '13, 9:42 a.m.
Arun,

please follow https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ and the links to other topics in the blog post and related blog posts to get a first idea of what you are up to.

You can
- Change the state of a parent if a child chnages its state, if you really desire to. there is example code in my blog. Search for state and parent. The API to use depends. If it is all RTC work items, you can find example code in my blog, if it is going to RRC, you would have to look into REST/OSLC

- Create a work item automatically on the state change
        // Create the work item
        IWorkItem newTargetWorkItem = IWorkItemServer
                .createWorkItem2(targetWorkItemType);
is the Server API to do so. You need to save the work item with IStatus status = IWorkItemServer.saveWorkItem2(....) or IWorkItemServer.saveWorkItem3(....) there are examples on the blog for saving

- calculate the owner of a work item, there is example code how to access contributors on my blog, how you set the value depends on the situation

- display information from a parent/child on the other end, again there might be different approaches, dependent on the situation. My 2nd post is around one method. You could also create your own presentations, which I would consider expensive.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.