It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

configure anonymous or guest access

Ton van Velzen (2642) | asked Nov 20 '13, 7:26 a.m.
We need to allow everyone on the network  access to certain documents and / or work items in RTC. We are not allowed to use collective or shared user accounts or non-expiring passwords. Is there a way for users to access RTC without logging in with an account in RTC?

I know we could just set every user account in the LDAP up in the JazzGuest group, and they would just have to type their passwords provided they store their user names in the browser, but if it is possible to do without, I would appreciate to know ;-)

Thanks, Ton.

2 answers

permanent link
Glenn Bardwell (58621527) | answered May 05 '14, 10:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 05 '14, 10:59 a.m.
Since 4.0.3, there is a capability in CLM that allows users to to login with out being prompted for login. To enable it the user sets the advanced setting com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.GuestAccessService to true. You can also specify the "Guest" user. That is, the login doesn't have be via the user Guest, it can be any user.

Once the setting is enabled, a non-Jazz user can open a URL that points to a workitem. The workitem will open in the browser. The system won't display a login dialog.

The "Guest" user must be added to the project area members list with sufficient roles for this to work.

See, https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/GuestAccessTestScenario for some more details.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Nov 20 '13, 8:57 a.m.
You're thinking of "Self Registration"

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/t_users_self_register.html

Comments
Ton van Velzen commented Nov 20 '13, 9:44 a.m.

No, self-registration is different from access to RTC without logging in. What I am asking is close to what in the past on this site has also been called Guest Access or Anonymous Access. Bill Higgins worked on that, I believe.
Also I notice there is an advanced property in the JTS server management pageĀ  "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.GuestAccessService" that enables the server to provide guest access to secure resources. But that still seems to require using a shared user account, right?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.