It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

lscm workspace delete: the stream is also deleted

James Cheung (671116) | asked Nov 19 '13, 4:58 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 1:15 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

When I issued a command 'lscm workspace delete 1000' in AIX and  the 1000 was the number for my workspace, the stream was also deleted. My workspace, component and stream were all in the same name 'NW'. After this command, the stream was deleted. My original intention was to just delete the workspace.

Questions:
i. is this a normal behavior? The command will delete both the workspace and stream. When I checked the help, it may. 
Usage: lscm workspace delete [options] <workspace>
  workspace - The workspace or stream to delete. To specify the workspace or
              stream, use its name, alias or UUID.
ii. is there any way to restore the deleted stream? I saw the thread about 'Recover deleted RTC Stream', but I still can't restore the stream;
iii. is there any log that it can show who deleted it? I know I did it ;) but wanted to know how to track it.

Thanks in advance.
Autorun

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Nov 20 '13, 1:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 20 '13, 1:36 a.m.
James,
Deleting the workspace should not delete the stream unless the alias 1000 referred to the stream. Even if you had provided the name of the workspace/stream it would have returned an ambiguous workspace/stream message as it could not resolve to a single workspace/stream since your workspace and stream had the same name.

Can you do 'lscm list workspaces -n {name of workspace} -r {repo}' or 'lscm list streams -n {name of stream} -r {repo}' and verify if you still have the workspace and/or stream.

If you have the workspace you can recreate the stream from your workspace. You can also create a stream by adding the component that existed in the stream with the specific baseline if you had created a recent baseline in the stream.
James Cheung selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
James Cheung (671116) | answered Nov 27 '13, 2:01 p.m.
 Hi Shashikant,
Thanks for the reply and apologized for my late response.
We found out,

i. Yes, 1000 referred to the stream. Hence, we accidentally deleted the stream by our mistake;
ii. I don't have the workspace anymore. However, the other developer had the workspace loaded and he could recover the stream for me.

We are good now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.