It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I grant a group of auditors read access to multiple project areas in RTC without having to add them one at a time to each project area?

Abe Roba (1012031) | asked Nov 19 '13, 10:19 a.m.
How can I grant a group of auditors read access to multiple project areas in RTC without having to add them one at a time to each project area?  Is the use of access groups more appropriate in this situation?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 20 '13, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I looked into using Access Groups e.g. an 'Auditor' access group. However, access groups can not be added to the Project Area Access List. I think you have to either open up the project for read access for all users, or add the auditors individually.

I would suggest to file an enhancement request.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 20 '13, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Keeping my comments above in mind, it would probably be possible to write a small Plain Java client Libraries tool, that adds (and later removes) a small number of people to the project or the access list. http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/deploying-templates-and-creating-projects-using-the-plain-java-clients-library/ shows how to add users as members. I don't have code for the access list right now.

If this is a common requirement, why not having a list of anonymous auditor users available in the access lists and then provide the auditors with the current password?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.