It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a folder under an existed component?

Ling Zhi Cheng (111) | asked Nov 19 '13, 3:13 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 5:46 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I'm using RTC Version: 4.0.2

There is an existed component 'Comp', and has folders 'pkg1' and 'pkg2' under it. I want to add 'pkg3', and what should i do?

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Nov 19 '13, 3:48 a.m.
edited Nov 19 '13, 4:12 a.m.
Typically, an SCM component corresponds to a development project (such as a Java project). To change the structure of the component in any way, you should load the component, make the change to the corresponding project, than deliver the change.

The names pkg1, etc. suggest that you actually want to add a Java package (which is a good example anyway).
- In Eclipse Client you load the component - the corresponding Java project is created in your local workspace (not to be confused with the repository workspace)
- In the Package Explorer view you right click on the project and select New->Java Package
- In Pending changes you will see the added folder corresponding to the just-created package and you will have an option to check it in and deliver.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '13, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To add to Piotr's description, If it is a top level folder, you would create a project and share it with the component.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.