It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Widget/Report tying Development and Testing?

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Nov 15 '13, 2:31 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '13, 6:53 p.m. by Bruce Korn (1912)
Hello,
CLM 4.0.2

I may have missed it, but is there a widget or report that ties Work items and Test for a given iteration? 

Example
Are all of the work items for this sprint covered by test cases? 

I know there is the traceability view, but since there seems to be a ton of requirements/tests Shared reports and widgets, I was wondering if this is available for Work Items.

3 answers

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Nov 21 '13, 1:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 21 '13, 2:25 p.m.
On second thought, you can create your own query in the Change Management application. Use the Planned For value to select work items by iteration and then add the Related Test Case column to the results display. Something like this:

Would that give you the information you need?

If you want to identify work items without test case coverage, you can add a condition that filters for work items that do not have a related test case:

Then you would just need to add a Work Items widget from the Change and Configuration Management catalog to the dashboard:

And use the new query as the source for your dashboard widget:

Result:

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Nov 21 '13, 1:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a report that lists test cases and work items, but I don't think it's quite the configuration you're looking for. The third table in the Test Case Review report lists the work items for each test case. Does that help at all?

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Nov 18 '13, 6:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Sterling, There doesnt seem to be any out of the box report which can give such a data and hence feed the widget using it..

Have you tried report customization with RRDI / Insight? Once you create such a report you should be able to create a widget which feeds from the report.

Best Regards, Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.