It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC EE dependency build order

Dennis Behm (3821315) | asked Nov 15 '13, 10:37 a.m.
Within the JKEBanking Sample PA, a BMS map produces the copy JKECMORT, which is required  for compiling the JKECMORT cobol file. I now have a similar situation and would like to understand the order how files are being build by the dependency build.

My scenario is that I have changes on a PLI main and a PLI subpgms. On compiling the PLI subpgm a new include is generated to describe the interface of the program. The PLI main requires the generated include of the subpgm. Does RTC considers this dependency and processes the PLI subpgm first because the file is an output of the include file generation?

While writing down this question, I think I also have the answer - its is the about the build file generation (on the Build Definition, Tab z/OS Dependency Build) - is that correct?
Then what happens, if a subpgm calls a subpgm?

Thanks, Dennis

One answer

permanent link
Hung Lam (2911915) | answered Nov 15 '13, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Dennis,
You are correct.  The order of the language definitions in the section "Generate a build file from these language definitions" determine which files being processed first.  The list is also used to determine which files will be processed in the build.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.