It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New Permission Action

archana kurup (2026872) | asked Nov 15 '13, 12:54 a.m.
I want to add new permission actions to the Role of the user?Is there any ""Add new Permission action"  options?

3 answers

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Nov 22 '13, 5:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 22 '13, 5:32 p.m.
Hello,

Here's some links to the Information Center on how to work with roles and permissions.

Adding and modifying roles and permissions
Lesson 5: Create a role

I hope this helps.

permanent link
Dave Evans (14812846) | answered Nov 15 '13, 11:51 a.m.
What types of new actions do you have in mind? I do not believe it is possible to make new permission actions, however you can use Operation Behavior to get more fine-grained "permissions". For example, if you would like to permit a role to edit an attribute only in certain states, you would add and configure the "Read Only Attributes for Type and State" precondition. Furthermore, if the provided preconditions don't meet your needs, you can either pay someone to create a new precondition (recommended) or create yourself (which I am learning how to do right now, weee!).

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 15 '13, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

In the Eclipse client, you can open your project area.  On the Process Configuration tab, you can click on the Roles section to create new roles.  On the Process Configuration tab, you can also select Project Configuration > Permissions to select which actions are permitted for each role.

If you're asking how you can add an action to the permitted actions list, I'm not sure it's possible.

Comments
Jared Burns commented Nov 15 '13, 2:16 p.m. | edited Nov 15 '13, 2:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As of CLM 4.0.3, I highly encourage folks to use the web ui to configure permissions instead of Eclipse. It's really much simpler. There's no distinction between "project configuration" and "team configuration", it has very clear red/green indicators, and it supports searching among other improvements.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.