It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attachements to RTC work item not working in web-client but works from eclipse

Jonathan Walsh (1111) | asked Nov 14 '13, 3:17 a.m.

I am seeing a defect that when attaching a file to a work item from the web client it appears to work but does not.

The web client preserves the full local path to the file e.g. C:\users\jonathan\docs\filename.doc so that when someone later clicks on this to open the file ... it does not work.

If I go into the eclipse client this works just fine - in this case other people can click on a read the file.

This problem has been around for a while ... we have been using the eclipse as a work around but as we are introducing more people to the tool and seeking to lower barriers to entry we want to be able to use the web client (which is what IBM are telling us is the right direction)

Is there a known fix/work around for this?

2 answers

permanent link
Pradnya Raste (351524) | answered Nov 14 '13, 3:28 a.m.

Hi Jonathan,

Take a look at the resolution worked with me. I didn't try on eclipse but my team was facing same issue with web.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/132396/attachments-problem-in-rtc-v4

Hope this helps you

permanent link
Stephen Long (14311013) | answered Nov 14 '13, 3:30 a.m.

This has been fixed in v4.0.4.  It seems that only Internet Explorer is affected.   Look at the post Attachments problem in RTC v4 for details of how to workaround this issue in Internet Explorer.

Stephen

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.