It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Java API RAMAsset "getCategorizations" method question

Allen Earnest (6212437) | asked Nov 13 '13, 10:23 a.m.
Hello

In the Java API RAMAsset class, there is a getCategorizations method.  The description for this method states:
"Given a Category this method returns a list of the sub-categorizations that have been set on this asset as paths relative to the Category Utility method to just get the list of all sub catgeories set on an asset for a given category"
I'm looking to get the subcategories that have been set on an asset, so this method sounds like what I want, but the description is a bit confusing, and the return value (string array) doesn't make much sense to me.

Why does this method return a string array instead of an arragy of subCategory objects?

What can I do with this string array of "paths relative to the Category Utility method"?  How does that help me get the subCategories set on my asset?

I can find no reference to a "Category Utility" method.  What is it and how do I use it?

Thanks for any help!

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Nov 18 '13, 12:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Asset categorization for an example of asset categorization.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.