It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Delivery Failed...as it would create conflicts in the stream" How to get past this?

william milbratz (611) | asked Nov 13 '13, 12:14 a.m.
Hi,

I'm new to RTC.

I go to deliver a change set via the Eclipse UI and get this popup:

Delivery for component 'X'  failed as it would create conflicts in the stream. As you do not have any incoming change sets for this component, you should consider delivering all of the outgoing changes.

When I attempt to use the command line, I get a similar but different message:

$ scm deliver -c 1255
P r o b l e m   r u n n i n g   ' d e l i v e r ' :
 D e l i v e r y   w o u l d   c a u s e   a   c o n f l i c t .     R u n   ' s c m   r e s o l v e '   o r   ' s c m   c o n f l i c t s '   o r   ' s c m   s t a t u s '   f o r   h e l p   i n   r e s o l v i n g   t h e   c o n f l i c t s .
$ scm conflicts
No conflicts found.

Outgoing changeset

I could not get .jazzignore to work from the command line.

Consequently I worked around the problem by creating an outgoing changeset and dumping all my "IDE-internal files" there (i.e. the '.idea' directory)

[I'm using intellij because I need it's refactoring tools. ]

Consequently I have this other outgoing changeset. This
    Outgoing:
      Change sets:
        (1116) *--@  "Intellij_Do_Not_deliver_ThirdParty" 11-Nov-2013 02:38 PM

any thoughts?
thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Nov 13 '13, 12:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A conflict would occur during a deliver operation if the change in the stream for a file or files is not in your repository workspace. Are you sure your repository workspace is in sync with the stream?

Can you attach the pending changes view snapshot or run 'scm status -v -w' and paste the output here.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 16 '13, 12:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order to resolve conflicts, you need to use the "accept" operation, which brings the conflicting changes into your repository workspace so they can be merged.   Once you perform all the merges in your repository workspace, you will be able to deliver your changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.