It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I do a "git diff" with scm?

Christian Höltje (5810) | asked Nov 11 '13, 12:22 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:19 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 With the command line tools (scm/lscm) how do I do a "git diff" to show me what changes I've made but not committed yet?

Comments
Robert Carter commented Nov 11 '13, 3:00 p.m.

Committed changes?  RTC has the concept of check-in which will create a "change set" but that change set is not visible to other users yet.  They are stored on the server in your repository workspace.  When you deliver the Change set, they are now visible to other users.  Please clarify where you want to accomplish your diff?  Before you "check in"?  Before you deliver, but after you have checked-in? 

Christian Höltje commented Nov 11 '13, 6:38 p.m.

Sorry, I used the wrong term there.  I mean "changes I've made but not yet put into a changeset yet." 

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Nov 11 '13, 11:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 11 '13, 11:07 p.m.
The command to use is 'lscm diff'. For example: lscm diff file "path of the file in the sandbox". The diff command accepts only one file at a time. Refer to https://jazz.net/library/article/1031 Example 2 that shows how to diff recursively using PERL.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.