It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I search for a baseline in my snapshots?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Nov 11 '13, 3:53 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 5:14 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Good Morning,

I am using RTC 4.0.0.1.

If I have a component COMP1 that has baselines BL1, BL2, BL3 and during the course of the project I include these various baslines in a number of configurations by using snapshots, is there a way of extracting a list of the snapshots that a given baseline is included in?  For example, I want to know which snapshots BL2 is part of.  Also, is it possible to have a flow diagram type visualisation of this information?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 11 '13, 4:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew, I don't see any way of doing this.  There are APIs for querying for snapshots, but the available criteria don't seem to allow you to look for particular baselines.  It seems one can only search by name, owner, modified date range.  I looked at:
com.ibm.team.scm.common.dto.IBaselineSetSearchCriteria
and
com.ibm.team.scm.common.internal.query.BaseBaselineSetQueryModel.BaselineSetQueryModel

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Nov 12 '13, 2:48 a.m.

@nedgar

Hello Nick,
Thank you for the response.  I took a look at the Insight data model as well and didn't find anything useful.  
This would be a great feature to have. Has somebody already opened an enhancement request?
Regards,
Andrew

Nick Edgar commented Nov 12 '13, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I found: Would like to search for streams or snapshots that include a baseline (32135)

It doesn't look like it's had much activity in 2 years.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 20 '19, 9:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
API to support this was added in RTC 6.0.2 (In this work item: Expand IBaselineSetSearchCriteria to allow searching for snapshots containing a baseline (376652))

An example of how to use this API is as follows:
IBaselineHandle b1 = getBaselineHandle();
IBaselineSetSearchCriteria criteria = IBaselineSetSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
criteria.getContainsBaselinesOptional().add(b1);
ItemQueryResult result = scmQueryService.findBaselineSets(criteria, 3, null);

There is no UI to support this however. Such enhancements are tracked in these work items:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.