It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM ExcelImporter: normal user won't see the RQM menu

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Nov 08 '13, 3:40 a.m.
The user uses Excel 2003 SP3 on XP SP3 to install RQMExcelImporter(v4.0.1.9368). They installed
as administrator user account and select Everyone during install. The installer can see the RQM menu in Excel.
Then logon as normal user to the same machine, the RQM menu does not appear any more. There is no disabled addin in Excel with normal user. Is there any reasons we can consider to cause this issue(I tried it on my XP SP3+Excel 2003 SP3 and lower version of ExcelImporter and no problem for normal user to view the menu after installing with admin user, I don't think ExcelImporter version is mattering though)?

Appreciate if you can share any thoughts. Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ankit Jain (6423639) | answered Nov 08 '13, 3:49 a.m.

For Windows XP users, please install .NET Framework before Office gets intalled. Otherwise the RQM Importer Add-in may not be loaded properly by Office. If for whatever reasons Office is installed first, please install Office Primary Interop Assemblies by using a redistributable package by looking into this page..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kh3965hw%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

Comments
Don Yang commented Nov 08 '13, 4:02 a.m.

Thanks for this info. But the admin account does not have any problem to see the RQM menu after install. The problem is that even though "everyone" is selected(by default it is for installer only as just me") during installation, when switching to normal user as machine logon, he cannot see the RQM menu. So only installer who can see the menu which does not make sense as everyone is selected during install. Therefore, I dont think it is something related to .Net Framework install order. Or you have got similar experience of such issue when office was installed before .net framework and it is the cause to fix the issue?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.