It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add multiple 'Tracks' and/or 'Contributes To' links at once?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Nov 07 '13, 11:55 a.m.
CLM 4.0.2/ FF 10

I'm trying to add Tracks links between work items on two timelines. The goal is a bunch of one to many Tracks/Contributes To relationships. If I could somehow select a bunch of the work items and then link them all to a single work item I'd be a happy guy.

The web UI doesn't allow me to add links in the 'Edit Multiple Items' view in a query. (As I understand it)

Eclipse let's me run a query, select multiple work items, and then I can right click and select 'Link to Work Item'.
That would be great, but the list of link types available doesn't include 'Tracks' or 'Contributes To'.
(It has a basic list including Parent/Children, Predecessor/Successor, Resolves/Resolved By...)

So,

Is there a way to extend the list of available links types in the Eclipse workflow above to include Tracks/Contributes To?

Or,

Is there another way to add links in multiple work items at once?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 08 '13, 8:39 a.m. | edited Nov 08 '13, 9:38 a.m.

you have two questions:

add links to multiple work items in the web UI.. which Ralph has responded to
linktype of Tracks/Contributes to
   I think those are only enabled for specific application UI elements.. RRC I think.

in 4.0.4 at least, you can enable ALL the linktypes and they will be selectable.
you have to change the process config for editor presentations, links

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 08 '13, 8:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew, I am not sure this is available today. You might want to file an enhancement request for this.

You could try if drag and drop between browser windows,  as described in the following article, works with multiple work items selected: https://jazz.net/library/article/1152 . I have had issues with getting drag and drop to work in past versions, so I am not sure it will work at all.

permanent link
Andrew Codrington (17733135) | answered Nov 14 '13, 3:00 p.m.
I optimistically added the two link types I wanted using Eclipse under Project Configuration | Configuration Data | Work Items | Quick Information Presentation.
I was hoping they would then appear in the Eclipse 'Link to Work Items' list, but they didn't.

Later I noticed that the two links types now appear in the list of available links from a web client plan view 'Add Link' context menu.
By the 'Done' criteria above I can add multiple Tracks/Contributes To links at the same time so I am now a happy guy and I've answered my question.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 14 '13, 4:04 p.m.

the 'quick info' configuration info is the part that appears on the overview page, 'Quick Information' section of a workitem..

the Links section and the quick should be kept in synch.

I have created new link types and not kept them in synch and it gets confusing fast..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.