It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports of customized work items

Ricardo Balduino (41264) | asked Feb 23 '09, 2:44 p.m.
Hi,

I created a custom-type work item, and attributes of type enum in it.
Now, I want to create reports/dashboard consolidating the attributes information from all work items of this type. However, I don't seem to be able to see these new attributes when creating a BIRT report. I can only see the out-of-the-box ones (e.g. status, etc.).

Any comments or pointers to supporting material will be appreciated.

5 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 05 '09, 8:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3629

permanent link
Ricardo Balduino (41264) | answered Mar 05 '09, 2:19 p.m.
Hi,

I installed RTC 2.0M2 and tried to use this new capability. However, I don't seem to find a way to create reports of custom work items and attributes.
If I go on the Reports perspective and try to use BIRT to create a new report template that I can add to RTC, I can only create data sets that access the out-of-the-box tables and columns, but not my custom attributes.
Am I missing anything? Is there a tutorial/example on how to use this new capability?

Thank you.

permanent link
Ricardo Balduino (41264) | answered Feb 27 '09, 11:18 a.m.
Thank you for your replies. This is a much needed feature, glad to know it's coming up in 2.0M2.
I found that this milestone build will be available by end of February - I'll keep an eye on jazz.net. Let me know otherwise.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 26 '09, 6:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC 2.0 M2 will have this capability in the Reports component. We will finally start collecting custom attributes in the data warehouse. The system will also collect those from historical data in the reposiotry. Expect the first snapshot run to take very long :). Subsequent snapshot runs will be business as usual.

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Feb 24 '09, 12:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The work item statistics viewlet in Dashboard will have this capability in RTC 2.0, see:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/67738

I believe Reports will have this too - will let someone from Reports confirm this though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.