It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding email notifications

Kieron Brear (1461169) | asked Feb 23 '09, 11:19 a.m.
Hi,

This is my use case that I'm trying to setup on our RTC server:
    When a new defect is created, email the scrum master of the scrum team that owns category the new defect is filed against

I've done some searching around jazz.net and the docs, but can't find anything that explains how to do it, if indeed it is possible. I've read the stuff about Operation Behaviour. To my mind it looks like I want to add a Follow-Up Action to the 'Save Work Item (Server)' operation. Or possibly add a new entry to the Event Handling section, but on my server, I can't find any way of adding new events to fire an action, and for the events that are there, the Follow-Up Actions never become active - the buttons for altering them are always greyed out, and there appear to be 0 available follow-up actions.

Additionally:
    Can I add new follow-up actions, if so how?
    Can I add new events to the Event Handler, if so how?
    Can I add new operations to the Operation Behaviour section, if so how?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kieron

2 answers

permanent link
Kieron Brear (1461169) | answered Feb 24 '09, 6:22 a.m.

Have you looked at the events and event monitoring? Typically, the new defect will appear in your event log (via MyWork or TeamCentral), or in the unplanned items in that category, or as part of a dashboard viewlet and this should be picked up by the scrum master. For sure, it does not replace an email, but is does cut down on email overload.

Just a thought

anthony

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I've informed the team of these options, and added a viewlet to the dashboard so that anyone looking will see the unassigned work items for their teams. Nonetheless, people keep asking me if they can have email notifications as well.
Kieron

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 23 '09, 5:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

This is my use case that I'm trying to setup on our RTC server:
    When a new defect is created, email the scrum master of the scrum team that owns category the new defect is filed against

I've done some searching around jazz.net and the docs, but can't find anything that explains how to do it, if indeed it is possible. I've read the stuff about Operation Behaviour. To my mind it looks like I want to add a Follow-Up Action to the 'Save Work Item (Server)' operation. Or possibly add a new entry to the Event Handling section, but on my server, I can't find any way of adding new events to fire an action, and for the events that are there, the Follow-Up Actions never become active - the buttons for altering them are always greyed out, and there appear to be 0 available follow-up actions.

Additionally:
    Can I add new follow-up actions, if so how?
    Can I add new events to the Event Handler, if so how?
    Can I add new operations to the Operation Behaviour section, if so how?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kieron

This does not answer your question, so apologies in advance.

Have you looked at the events and event monitoring? Typically, the new defect will appear in your event log (via MyWork or TeamCentral), or in the unplanned items in that category, or as part of a dashboard viewlet and this should be picked up by the scrum master. For sure, it does not replace an email, but is does cut down on email overload.

Just a thought

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.