It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Under what conditions might an '403 Forbidden' be returned when attempting to register a custom adapter with RQM?

James Bartlett (111) | asked Nov 06 '13, 10:22 a.m.
edited Nov 06 '13, 10:23 a.m.
I have a custom automation adapter, based on the lyo sample, that I am trying to use with RQM. While I was developing the adapter I set up an instance of RQM on my workstation, defined the custom adapter type, and created a user with a connector licence to run the adapter. My adapter was able to register itself with RQM and function successfully.

I am now trying to register the same adapter with our production instance of RQM. I have defined the custom adapter type, and the user running the adapter has a connector licence and a quality professional licence, and roles allowing the registration of custom adapters. The user can authenticate, and perform the GETs necessary to retrieve the service provider and determine the adapter creation factory url. However, when attempting to perform the POST required to register the adapter I receive a '403 Forbidden'. Also, nothing appears in the qm.log.

I've explored the possibility that this is a result of the 'X-Jazz-CSRF-Prevent' header being absent, but when that is the case, information saying as much is returned with the HTTP response, and a similar message appears in qm.log, but in this case I am seeing neither, just '403 Forbidden'.

I've played around with my local instance, and have managed to get the same error (403 and nothing in the log) only when the user was lacking an appropriate licence. I am sure the user has the correct licence and that the user's roles permit registering an adapter, and the same user has successfully managed to register the sample command line adapter (on both the production RQM where my custom adapter fails, and on my local RQM where both work).

I am expecting that the problem is with my custom adapter, but I'm out of ideas as to what that problem could be, and the absence of any information other than '403 Forbidden' isn't helping. Does anyone know of any circumstances which might cause this error which I haven't considered?

Comments
Sumant Renukarya commented Nov 08 '13, 3:00 a.m.

James

(403) Forbidden error - This might be because the proxy is configured to block the HTTP/SSL port on which the Jazz server is running? 

If so, adding the server to the proxy's bypass list through web browser might help.

James Bartlett commented Nov 08 '13, 5:52 a.m.

Unfortunately, this possibility seems to be ruled out by the fact that I can successfully register the sample command line adapter.

One answer

permanent link
Andal Prassan (1871) | answered Nov 08 '13, 3:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are some trouble shooting tips mentioned in this wiki , please go through and make sure they are covered
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_adapter_connection_issues.html

Comments
James Bartlett commented Nov 08 '13, 5:53 a.m.

I've been through this list, and everything seems to be as it should.

As I mentioned, I can successfully register the sample command line adapter, it is only my custom adapter which receives the 403, so I think it unlikely that the issue is with roles or licences, unless there is anything which has to be configured differently for the case of custom adapter types.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.