It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Configure Workflow Progress states to display in Kanban View

Rao Shines (15945162) | asked Nov 06 '13, 10:08 a.m.
 We are planning to implement Kanban View to manage our Adhoc requests using RTC.We are following Scrum approach and we have many workitem types like User Story, Tasks, Defects but in our Kanban view we see only three states - "Open", "Inprogress" and "Done" states.

Is there a way we can configure the work flow states to reflect in Kanban view based on the workitem type we plan to track. We are looking to have separate Kanban views to track Stories, Defects and Tasks with three different workflow states.

How can we configure this in RTC to reflect in our plans, any suggestions would be highly helpful. Our RTC version is 4.0.2.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 12 '13, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, as far as I can tell, this has been requested several times already, but is not yet implemented. The Taskboard/Kanban display, shows state groups as columns. The reason is probably, that it would be very hard to show all states all work items could have in columns. on the other hand, state groups are common to all workflows. You can show the state as column and then set the state from it. The item will them move to the correct state group.
Rao Shines selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 18 '14, 4:37 p.m.
edited Mar 18 '14, 5:32 p.m.
 I just created our team onboarding kanban board using rtc 4.0.4

the key is to create the state groups (columns on your board) first. 
you can make as many as you like. 

then create the states of the workitems, and select one of the groups you just created. (can be 1 group  to 1 state, or 1 group to many states)

the groups display in order of the XML, so you can edit this in the xml, but not in the UI. 
here I have 1:1 (group to state), with a new workitem type (that is a dup of Epic, is a planning item, ...)
<configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workflow" final="false" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workflow">
   <stateGroupDefinition category="open" id="sg10" name="1. New"/>
   <stateGroupDefinition category="open" id="sg4" name="2. Initial Contact"/>
   <stateGroupDefinition category="open" id="sg5" name="3. Team Discovery"/>
   <stateGroupDefinition category="inprogress" id="sg6" name="4. Project Setup"/>
   <stateGroupDefinition category="inprogress" id="sg7" name="5. Validation"/>
   <stateGroupDefinition category="inprogress" id="sg8" name="6. Production Setup"/>
   <stateGroupDefinition category="closed" id="sg9" name="7. Go Live"/>
   <workflowDefinition id="com.db.team.workitem.defectWorkflow">

Comments
Paul Harrison commented Oct 28 '15, 10:06 p.m. | edited Oct 29 '15, 12:06 a.m.

Thanks Sam, this is exactly what I want to do.
How do I edit the XML?
What is the name of the file and where do I find it?

sam detweiler commented Oct 28 '15, 11:11 p.m.

In eclipse, open the project and go to the process configure source view 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.