It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why is Bulk Move Work Items plugin not installing correctly for me?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Nov 05 '13, 4:24 a.m.
edited Nov 05 '13, 4:26 a.m.
I've been playing with this for several hours now and just can't get the Bulk Work Item plugin to work.  The Move/Copy to Project area option is still greyed out when selecting multiple work items.

I'm using the RTC 3.0.1.3 client and downloaded the zip from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC3 and installed it.  When I go to About Team Concert and click on Installed Software it lists it like below

Bulk Move / Copy feature (top 3.0.1.3)    3.0.1.3    com.ibm.rtc.development.patch.bulk.move.feature.group

But when I look at Plugins the older versions of Work Item Common and Work Item RCP UI are still there. I tried copying the new plugins from the zipped file to the IMShared Plugins directory but that didn't change anything.

I got this working a couple years ago and needed to use it again but can't get it installed now for some reason.  I even tried the -clean option based on other threads and installed a new Eclipse Client .

Any ideas what step I'm missing.  All I really did was download the zip, install, restart Eclipse.  When that failed I tried copying the jar files directly where the older ones were.

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 05 '13, 6:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Michael,
if the bulk/move feature is listed, did you try and use it ?
Try and bulk move a couple of work items?
Or is the move disabled if multi-selecting work items?

Thanks,
Eric

Comments
Michael Walker commented Nov 05 '13, 2:10 p.m.

Thanks for the reply Eric.  It was still disabled.  Ralph's recommendation above to use the non-IM zip version worked.  Had it up and running within minutes.

Eric Jodet commented Nov 05 '13, 2:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad you're all set Michael.

Thanks for the feedback.

Eric

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 05 '13, 4:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can try a ZIP (not Installation Manager) version of RTC. I always used that and it has never failed me. I found the IM versions sometimes confusing because I don't know where the plugins end up, because, I think I recall, there are shared resources.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Nov 05 '13, 2:09 p.m. | edited Nov 06 '13, 3:08 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. That solved the issue.  I saw you mention that in another similar thread, but for some reason it didn't click until you said it here.

I wonder if it should be mentioned in the docs related to this plugin.  There seem to be a lot of questions on this and I tried with IM on different RTC client versions, different machines, with no luck until I tried the non-IM zip. 

A note at the bottom recommending to use the zip version might cut down on the forum posts.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 06 '13, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Michael,  great that it works for you now. I restructured a bit to make my comment an answer etc. So you can accept it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.