It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem running :9443/jts/setup

Ingo Pieper (2622) | asked Nov 04 '13, 7:29 a.m.
edited Nov 04 '13, 5:03 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Hi,

where is my missing piece?
- We have installed the jts, ccm, etc. webparts in our websphere, and the are shown es running
- We executed the installation flow till then,

but, if I want to go further to setup JTS "<server>:9443/jts/setup" I got an 404 page not found?

What did I miss?

Cheers,
Ingo

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ingo Pieper (2622) | answered Nov 05 '13, 3:33 a.m.
Hi,

thanks for all the helpful hints.

At the end, it was a missing security configuration on z/OS.

Now setup ist running.

Thanks again,
Ingo
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
John Carolan (71616) | answered Nov 04 '13, 7:46 a.m.
Hi Ingo,

Assuming that JTS has started and is listening on the port, I would recommend dumping the core from WebSphere to see what classes are in use.

We saw a similar situation recently where a system environment variable was pointing to a FlexLM license manager which was not accessible. The kind of variables to check are LM_LICENSE_FILE, RATIONAL_LICENSE_FILE and TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE.    If that is the case, you will see classes referencing the FLEX server in the WebSphere core file.  Validating that any remote license servers are available to the server host, may resolve the problem.  Even if it's not the exact same problem, the WebSphere core may give you some clues.

Regards,

John

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 04 '13, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ingo,

Have you started the server?  Details on how to do so are available at https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_start.html&scope=null. 

If you have started the server, does going to :9443/jts or :9443/ccm work?

Comments
Ingo Pieper commented Nov 04 '13, 8:11 a.m. | edited Nov 04 '13, 9:08 a.m.

Maybe I am confused,

what do you mean with "start jts"? - Yes, in Websphere I can see JTS as started as application. Or do you mean something else?

Just as additional info: we are running it on websphere on z/OS

Cheers,
Ingo

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 04 '13, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ingo,
I've never used Websphere before.  When using tomcat, I've occasionally forgot to run server.startup.bat to actually start the server.  From looking at the instructions posted here https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/rtcz_WAS_config.html&scope=null, it looks like you need to restart the application server before trying to run setup.

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Nov 04 '13, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 04 '13, 9:14 a.m.
On thing that comes to mind is that the port may not 9443.  If you have or had other WebSphere applications installed it will change.
The ports are listed in a file called AboutThisProfile.txt under the CLM profile in the logs directory
I have not worked much with zOS but here's where it is by default on a typical Unix machine.
/OPT/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<TheProfile>/logs/

You will want to check the "HTTPS transport port" value

You can also look through the logs in that directory to get some clues.
(I would stop the profile delete all the logs and restart the profile just to have a fresh set of logs.)

Also in regards to Lauren's answer I would make sure you restarted the profile after you installed jts, ccm etc.
Just restarting the application from the WAS console does not always work.
You would run:
stopServer.sh server1  -username username -password password
startServer.sh server1
Found under:
/OPT/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<TheProfile>/bin/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.