It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting error when copying work item to different project with different process and changing the type

Simo Suurla (681524) | asked Nov 01 '13, 11:13 a.m.
edited Nov 04 '13, 5:30 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
The error appears only in Web UI and not in Eclipse client, maybe this is bug?

Versions 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Hit the copy work item -button to copy work item from project area to another. Select destination project with different process.
2) before saving copied work item try changing the work item type. Some types works but some give following error right after the change:

Error!

Error fetching or storing Work Item <17:00:23> | Details: Error opening work item.

Have somebody same behavior?

One answer

permanent link
DH Lee (25784446) | answered Nov 03 '13, 8:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Simo,

I tested on my RTC 4.0.3 environment and was able to reproduce the issue. 

I think it may be working as design as different process based project, different type of workitem type would contain different workflow and attributes. When you are attempting to change WI type to other type, you are trying to change to structure of copied WI to something that is not original.

While I believe error message could improve to portray better definition of error, I think WI type should not be changed upon WI copy/move

Regards,

DH

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.