It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to pull down a list of Project Areas a user is a member of using the REST API?

Corbyn Salisbury (611) | asked Oct 31 '13, 5:44 p.m.
 Hello,

In RTC 4.0.3, I am trying to pull down all the work items for all the projects a user is in.  Is there a way to do this using the REST API?  I see some ways to pull down the list of project areas the user is a member of, but I see no way to get the work items from that.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 31 '13, 6:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Corbyn,

If you are using RRDI you can easily create a report like this.  The data warehouse and reporting data model has a built in access control layer that restricts users from seeing data they do not have access to.  So if you create a simple report called "My work items" that just shows work items grouped by project and run it as userA, you will see all the work items userA has access to.  If the same report is run by userB, userB will see all the work items userB has access to.  The data however is not live and not retrieved using REST, so I'm not sure if it helps.  I just don't think you can get this using REST because there is no access control implemented at the REST layer.  The report from RRDI however can be exported to XML if you need it for parsing and you can also schedule report execution/delivery.  Hope it helps,

Comments
Corbyn Salisbury commented Nov 01 '13, 2:37 p.m.

Unfortunately I would like this to work only using REST API, but thank you for your response!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.