It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC-RDZ - editing Cobol program - set boundaries

Silvio Nisoli (611) | asked Oct 30 '13, 9:28 a.m.

Hi all.

In my team we're using RTC RDz , editing Cobol programs. We have recently read a presentation from Jon Sayles that helped us in  better understanding which are the features of RDz workbench , with good comparision between ISPF and RDz .

I have now a question about editing Cobol programs. Maybe for the community could be a very simple question .. but le me ask this ...

Do you know if and how we can set boundaries in the cobol editor in RDz, so that the developer is not allowed to write after the right-end margin ?

Thanks 

One answer

permanent link
Jeremy Flicker (1) | answered Oct 30 '13, 10:40 a.m.
The COBOL Editor does not currently have an option to prevent typing past column 73, though it does have an option to keep the text past column 73 in position as you type to the left of column 73.

There currently is a Request for Enhancement that sounds similar and is currently an "Uncommitted Candidate".
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=33172

If this sounds like something you are interested in feel free to add your vote and/or comments to the item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.