It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to get a DB2 Express-C 10.1

Stefan Stern (4062128) | asked Oct 30 '13, 3:37 a.m.
 Hello,

I tried to install a "10 free" environment, using a DB2 Express-C. On ibm.com, I'm only offered the 10.5. After hitting the exception while creating tables, I found out the 10.5 is not yet supported. So I tried to find a 10.1 Express-C edition, which proved to be more difficult than I expected.

On ibm.com there is no 10.1 download for Express-C available. I couldn't find a "get archived versions" or similar anywhere. I found a fixpack-download page, where every DB2 fixpack version database is offered. But the DB2 Express-C with fixpack doesn't come for free, so after 3 months evaluation time, the license will expire. Unlike the official Express-C download, the "fixpacked" version doesn't come with an unlimited license.

Do you know where I can get the 10.1 Express-C so I can continue? 

Thanks,
Stefan Stern

One answer

permanent link
Stefan Stern (4062128) | answered Oct 30 '13, 10:15 a.m.
 In work item 274877, I was offered a link to the DB2 9.7 Express-C, downloadable from jazz.net. 

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=274877

The download site is 

Just in case someone else hits the "10.5 won't do", too. Haven't got an opportunity to try the 9.7 yet, just relying on the assumption that the downloaded file will offer me a permanent DB2 license and not a 3 months trial license.

So long,
Stefan Stern

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.