It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

4.0.4 install of all CLM and no links work. Cannot get to jts\setup

Scott Raley (13542931) | asked Oct 29 '13, 3:37 p.m.
just download the full install package. Ran locally install manager 1.7 and added CLM 4.0.4 with all applications. Jazz starts up. I cannot get to https://localhost:9443/jts/setup to get started. I receive a 404 error on /jts , /jts/setup. I can get to /ccm with a lot of errors that things are not initiliazed or setup. Tomcat is running because I can get the homepage up at https://localhost:9443. Any link on this page gives a 404 error. this is on a windows 2008 64bit box. I see similar case with 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 that were not resolved. Checked task manager before startup and tomcat is not running (was not  installed until this moment).

2 answers

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Oct 29 '13, 8:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This frequently happens when there isn't enough memory on your system for the out of the box settings.
If you don't have at least 8 gigs of RAM you need to change some of the default Tomcat settings.

With less than 8 gigs you should remove the -Xgc:preferredHeapBase=0x100000000 from the server.startup file or the Tomcat control panel if you are running it as a service.
This setting can also be a problem with 8 gigs if you have a lot of other things running on the system.

With less than 6 gigs you should reduce the XMX and XMS to 2 gigs from 4
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmx2G
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms2G

Note if you don't have at least 8 gigs or ram you probably won't be very happy running the server in production.

permanent link
Scott Raley (13542931) | answered Oct 30 '13, 1:35 p.m.
I just finished installing this on a 2003 server 32 bit with only 1 gig of memory and ran into no issues with it.  I haven't tried your suggestion but i'm surprised that I got this working on this old clunker that we are going to dispose of.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.