It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are Data Collection Jobs still running in CLM as well as Insight?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Oct 29 '13, 2:25 p.m.
edited Nov 04 '13, 6:03 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Customer environment is Insight 1.1.1.1 and CLM 4.0.1 (JTS/RTC/RQM)

The Data Movement Task that's scheduled to run nightly in Insight is working successfully.  But when I go to the Reports tab in QM/admin and look at the Job History I see multiple jobs being reported here as being run each night. 

The jobs are : 

Common
Work Items
Quality Management Jobs for Quality Manager
Quality Management Jobs for xxxx_RQM

Most have a duration that's a negative number like -35 seconds, but Quality Management Jobs for Quality Manager has a duration around 2 minutes each night. 

I have verified all Data Collection Jobs in CLM have the Enabled checkbox unchecked so they're all disabled. 

The reason I'm bringing this up is some of the QA Reports on the RQm Dashboard have a snapshot date of 10/27, which is the date the Quality Management Jobs for Quality Manager data collection job in CLM ran.  However, the Data Movement Task in Insight last ran on 10/28.

My questions are:

Am I missing a setting in CLM somewhere that's causing Data Collection jobs to still run in CLM as well as Insight? And is this why the Last Data Snapshot date is showing 10/27 instead of the 10/28 I would expect?

Thanks,

Comments
Michael Walker commented Oct 30 '13, 2:35 p.m.

bump bump bump

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Oct 30 '13, 9:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 30 '13, 9:54 p.m.
Michael
It is possible you have missed a setting for disabling the CLM Java ETLs, which as you know should not be running if you are running Insight Data Manager ETLs.
Can you elaborate on how you verified that all data collection jobs in CLM have been disabled? What admin pages did you verify? Use screenshots, if possible.
Reference: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.admin.doc/topics/t_turningoff_the_data_collection_jobs.html

Comments
Michael Walker commented Nov 01 '13, 2:31 a.m. | edited Nov 01 '13, 2:35 a.m.

Rosa,

Thanks for the reply.  I verified on the Reports tab that the checkboxes were unchecked and thus disabled.

I can't seem to insert a screenshot using the insert image option and selecting a .png file from my filesystem.  But even with all the boxes unchecked the jobs are still being listed each day in the Job History, although most show a negative time except for Quality Management Jobs for Quality Manager and Quality Management Jobs for ISAO_RQM.  And the Quality Management checkbox is unchecked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.