It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does lscm client version correspond to server version (or, Jenkins incompatible)?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 29 '13, 1:16 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:03 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I am using the Jenkins/Hudson Team Concert plugin (v1.0.12) and on my build server I have installed RTC-Client-Linux-4.0.3.zip and RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Linux-4.0.2.zip (these are not matching just because the client is 400+mb and I have a slow connection).  When I use lscm version, it reports:

[teamadmin@pzxdcc0131 download]$ lscm version
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client, version 3.1.300.v20130426_0115
Provides Subcommands:
  load, login, logout, create, create/workspace, create/baseline,

However, when I try to Test Connection using Jenkins, I get this error:

Your client is version 4.0.4, and the server is version 4.0.3.  These versions are not compatible.

Does Jenkins have some built-in client components or does somehow the lscm version not map as you would expect to the server version?  I can't figure out where it's getting that my client is at version 4.0.4.

I have this Jenkins plugin working in another environment, it works great but in this particular environment our RTC server is only at version 4.0.3.

Any ideas?

- Andy

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 29 '13, 4:30 p.m.

Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled all the RTC client components to be v4.0.3 and get the same error.  I'm beginning to suspect that the Jenkins plugin got broke in the latest build which happened on 10/23.  Will file a bug report.

One answer

permanent link
Andy Jewell (24236174) | answered Oct 29 '13, 6:56 p.m.
 I manually installed the previous version of the teamconcert plugin and all is well now.  Also, I created a JIRA defect for this issue.  Still not 100% sure it is a defect, but since the previous version (1.0.11) works and the current (1.0.12) gives this message, not sure what else it could be.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.