It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I remove the "Type" attribute from the popup when creating an RTC defect from RQM?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 29 '13, 10:16 a.m.
Hello,

I am using RQM 4.0.0.1.

When opening a defect from a Test Case Result in RQM I get a popup which has been preconfigured to display an inline presentation for the defect work item defined in RTC.  The only problem is that the first attribute, Type, is a drop down list that allows me to modify the work item type that I am creating.

This is not one of the fields that I have configured in the presentation and I can't find any way to get rid of it.  How can I remove this attribute or make it read-only?

Regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Karthikeyan Elangovan (3644) | answered Nov 18 '13, 7:36 a.m.
edited Nov 18 '13, 7:37 a.m.
 Hi Andrew, check whether the Defect workitem is created from RQM project area instead of associated RTC project area. If its creating in RQM then try opening RQM project area in RTC eclipse client and remove the Type attribute from that respective editor presentation.

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Oct 29 '13, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can edit the Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog for the work item and remove this from the configuration.

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 29 '13, 11:42 a.m.

@aradhya1982

Hello Aradya, thank you for the reply.  I have already created a custom presentation for the defect that does not include the Type attribute

Also, the Inline Work Item Editor is the presentation used by RQM, not the lightweight creation dialog.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Andrew Trobec commented Nov 06 '13, 2:54 a.m.

bump 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.