It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I save a corrupt workspace component?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 28 '13, 7:57 p.m.
edited Nov 04 '13, 6:16 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Somehow my workspace (or at least one component) seems to have gotten corrupted.  By that I mean that I've been working in the workspace normally and then suddenly (Monday morning blues?) I get this when I try to checkin my changes:

C:\Users\O386600\mberelease_preprod\master>lscm checkin .
Problem running 'checkin':
"C:\Users\O386600\mberelease_preprod\master" is not shared.
Contrary to my intuitive sense of what ought to be done, I tried to share the component after reading this question to try to "reconnect" it.  I thought since it had got there in the first place by loading it, I was a bit confused how it could have lost it's "shared" nature.  Anyhow, sharing doesn't get me anywhere:

C:\Users\O386600\mberelease_preprod\master>lscm share -r local --reshare "mbe release preprod o386600" master
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemException: Configurations would be spread across more than 1 sandbox
after sharing
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.share.ShareOperation.doShare(ShareOperation.java:1046)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.share.ShareOperation.access$1(ShareOperation.java:892)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.share.ShareOperation$1.run(ShareOperation.java:851)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager$1.run(ResourceSharingMa
ager.java:76)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)

I guess if sharing is my solution, I can't really figure out what the syntax is.  The component that seems "disconnected" is "master".  I've tried various flavors of the command but haven't stumbled upon it.

If a component is suddenly flakey and I have changes in it that have not been committed, can anyone help me with what my options are?

I am using the 4.0.4 lscm client.

Thanks!

Andy

One answer

permanent link
Andy Jewell (24236174) | answered Oct 29 '13, 11:05 a.m.
 I shutdown the daemon, logged out and back in of lscm then executed this:

C:\Users\O386600\mberelease_preprod>lscm share -v -r local "mbe release preprod o386600" master master
Change sets:
  (1180) ---@ Andrew P Jewell "Share" 29-Oct-2013 08:00 AM
Shared successfully

I still don't know why it "lost" the share in the first place and once I commit this, will be interesting to see if I have some confusing fall out but for now, at least it's shared again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.