It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can you specify which component a deliver precondition of required text is run on

Rosemary Birmingham (111) | asked Oct 28 '13, 1:30 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 3:45 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Hello

I am trying to setup a pre-condition for Deliver that will check for required text and I want to run it only on certain components. I cannot find how to exclude components from the precondition on deliver phase 2

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 28 '13, 7:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you are using the "Required Content" precondition?   If so, there is a "Components" box for that precondition where you specify the list of components it should be applied to.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosemary Birmingham commented Oct 28 '13, 9:24 p.m.

Yes however this box does not seem to work it tries to apply the rule to components that are not specified in the box. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 29 '13, 2:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sure enough ... I see the same behavior in 4.0.3.
I've submitted defect The "Required Content" deliver-phase-2 pre-condition is not limited to the specified components (287273)

One other answer

permanent link
Rosemary Birmingham (1) | answered Jan 08 '15, 10:13 a.m.
We recently upgraded our server to RTC 4.0.7, We are still seeing the same problem. Just wondering does the client have to be up graded as well to see this fix? we have not upgraded our clients yet.. .Since it was a server error we were thinking once the server was upgraded we would see the fix.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.