It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

External Content Widget Issue

Henry Armburg Jennings (13076) | asked Oct 28 '13, 11:24 a.m.
edited Nov 01 '13, 12:19 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
I have an external content widget and whenever I navigate to the tab that holds that widget, the browser automatically navigates away from CLM to the URL configured for the widget! Has anybody else had this problem before?

Comments
Takehiko Amano commented Oct 31 '13, 3:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you have any example external site which shows this problem ?
I guess the page may be designed to open new Window (or Frame)  when the window (or frame) is not it's their own.

2 answers

permanent link
Siegfried Oesterreicher (10713730) | answered Dec 19 '13, 2:44 a.m.
We have the same problem when using the URL of an IBM Connections Community in the External Content widget.

It seems that IBM Connections loads content after the widget is loaded and this looks for the widget like a selection of a link which is normally opening the full browser window.

Maybe we need a full browser like widget which can handle these link loading.

Sigi.

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Oct 31 '13, 10:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am guessing the external widget is copied and pasted into a rich text editor section?  The widget probably has script to redirect to its own URL.  There is an action icon "Validate Content" in the rich text editor.  Use that then save the artifact to see if it helps.  If it is not the rich text editor, please give more details what is the external widget and where it is in the page.  Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.