It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link to Changeset using RTC web

Ratheesh Madathil (1371728) | asked Oct 28 '13, 6:59 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 3:52 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello,

Is there any possibility that I can link a workitem to a specific change set using web client?

IN Eclipse client it works easily, but just want to know the option in WEB client.

5 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 28 '13, 7:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Ratheesh,

I don't think it's possible to link a work item to a change set using the web client.  You can see a list of existing links to change sets in a work item in the web client.

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Oct 30 '13, 4:30 a.m.
Hi Ratheesh,
this is currently not possible.
I didn't found a corresponding Enhancement Request on Jazz.net. I think it's worth to open a new one if this is a need for you.

Hope this helps,
Simon

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Oct 30 '13, 4:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think we should mention that it is possible in JazzHub when the codes are check-in (i.e. create a new change set).
It may be possible to associate existing change set when the work space is shared among Eclipse and JazzHub.

I hope the JazzHub's orion code is pushed back to original Eclipse orion. This enables to use WEB IDE to associate workitem with the codes for existing RTC customers (add strong value to them) !

Comments
Ratheesh Madathil commented Oct 30 '13, 1:22 p.m.

I could not really get, what you meant with JazzHub...

May be you could give me some more information on that...

Takehiko Amano commented Oct 30 '13, 7:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jazzhub is hosted environment available at https://hub.jazz.net/.  This is a sample image which allows to associate change set ('Fix Defect') with files (app.js in this sample) on the web.

JazzHub SCM changes example.

permanent link
Mary Catherine (11) | answered Sep 14 '18, 8:12 a.m.

Hi ,

Is there a Enhancement request opened already for changeset to be removed from RTC Web client?

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Sep 17 '18, 9:00 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This feature has been added to RTC 6.0.6.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.