It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item history part

Ratheesh Madathil (1371828) | asked Oct 28 '13, 4:52 a.m.
Currently I can attach change set to a work item….and also remove it later on.
Both actions are not logged in the history of the work item.

How can I find this information later on?

This might turn critical for us, if we say the delivery is tracked via work item. Then of course we are interested in the history of the work item, that somebody unlinked the change set later on…

Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 28 '13, 8:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For most links between artifacts, the addition/removal of links is not considered a "write" to that object, so it does not appear in the history of the object.
But change set links are considered a special case, and you can set a "follow-up action" "Work Item Audit Trail for Change Set Links" follow-up action (for the Source_Control -> Save_Change_Set_Links_and_Comments action) in your project area indicating that you want a "comment" added to the work item object whenever a change set is added/removed, so you can see the addition/removal of change set links in the comment history of the work item.

Ratheesh Madathil selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 28 '13, 8:36 a.m.

Thanks Geoff, I was not aware of this.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 28 '13, 6:21 a.m.
This information is not provided today, as far as I can tell. https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=97300 is an enhancement request to be able to track this.

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Oct 31 '13, 4:03 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
thanks for this. Unfortunately nobody seems to be responsible for this request as this work item is still open since Oct 22, 2009.
I think this "feature" is really needed.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 31 '13, 4:13 a.m.

Please put in a RFE or support the request and raise its impact.

Simon Eickel commented Nov 20 '13, 5:45 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
thanks. RFE is now open and waiting for progress: RFE41863
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=41863

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 20 '13, 5:50 a.m.

Have you tried Geoff's solution?

Simon Eickel commented Nov 29 '13, 1:26 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Geoffs solution is just for Change set Links to work items but it would be really important to get this for all links, e.g. parent / child, etc.

Next is that some projects in our company have more than 100 change sets on one work item - this would burst the discussion on this. Even when there are 20 change sets it's very confusing

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 29 '13, 2:34 a.m.

Simon,

I don't think there is a way of extending RTC to get that capability. I assume you will have to wait and see how the RFE goes.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.