It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find Read Access Permissions on SCM files in an RTC repository?

Jeffery Hanson (1472713) | asked Oct 25 '13, 6:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:06 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Once file-level read access controls have been established on specific files in a component, how can you find out (i.e. report on) what files have the access restrictions? The images below show the scenario I have setup where a file has been given read-only access to a single person.

Access Control Display from Repo Files Listing

Setting Access Control on a File

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 25 '13, 8:00 p.m. | edited Oct 25 '13, 8:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hey, Jeffery -- your images didn't stick. Might be hard for someone to answer your question without them. [Hmm, when I edited the post to add some tags, I could see the images, but after saving the post they don't appear. Please remove and try to add them again.]

Jeffery Hanson commented Oct 27 '13, 12:21 a.m. | edited Oct 28 '13, 11:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Millard, thanks for catching that! Note to self: use 'insert image' instead of directly pasting images.

One answer

permanent link
Jeffery Hanson (1472713) | answered Oct 30 '13, 6:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have not found a way to run a global search from Eclipse on the jazz.read-access property setting but I have found that the scm list properties command shows the value for that property. So far I have only tested it in the context of a loaded workspace. Here's my results:

C:\jazz_workspaces\jke_access\JKEDBAccess\src\com\jke\db\connection>lscm list properties *

C:\jazz_workspaces\jke_access\JKEDBAccess\src\com\jke\db\connection\JKE_DB_C.java
  jazz.encoding       - Cp1252
  jazz.executable     - false
  jazz.line-delimiter - LF (Unix)
  jazz.mime           - text/text
  jazz.read-access    - jim

C:\jazz_workspaces\jke_access\JKEDBAccess\src\com\jke\db\connection\JKE_DB_Factory.java
  jazz.encoding       - Cp1252
  jazz.executable     - false
  jazz.line-delimiter - LF (Unix)
  jazz.mime           - text/text
  jazz.read-access    - Public

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Nov 05 '13, 5:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The 'lscm list properties' only works on a loaded workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.