It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get last logged in time for all contributors using java api?

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Oct 25 '13, 12:35 a.m.
I have to form report based on last logged in time to repository for all contributors. How to get last logged in for contributors using java code? Any information will be helpful.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Oct 28 '13, 2:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Authentication comes from the application server, so you would need to gather this information from WebSphere (or Tomcat) and not RTC.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Oct 28 '13, 3:40 p.m.

Tomcat shows authenticated ID in access logs (if you configure the right Valve).   WebSphere can do access logs, but they're absent the authenticated ID (NCSA Http logs).

Neither are available to "end users" only admins of the respective server (in the O/S sense).  Some of our access logs have millions of entries per day and it's not obvious what  "GET" activity corresponds to the actual login.  I do see things like (stripped down)

GET /jazz/authenticated/identity?redirectPath=%2Fjazz%2Fjauth-issue-token HTTP/1.1" 302 -
"POST /jazz/jauth-issue-token HTTP/1.1" 200 32

Nilesh Patil commented Oct 29 '13, 12:45 a.m.

HI Kevin,
  Thanks for the response.
I am using RTC 4.0.0.1. When I tried above url I end up with Resource unavailable error. I have tried above url and also changed according my requirement(https://servername:port/authenticated/identity?redirectPath=/ccm/jauth-issue-token)  but doesn't work

Could you please let me what url should I use to get it work?

As you said above Tomcat shows authenticated ID in access logs (if you configure the right Valve)- What configuration I need to do to get lost login time data. Snippet code/Script will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.