It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I link a work item on one RTC instance to a change set on a different RTC instance?

Ketan Divecha (261812) | asked Oct 24 '13, 1:05 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:08 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to sync up work items on 2 RTCs, my company would like to use one RTC for source control and the other for work item management. However in jazz, a change set has to be linked to a work item before you can deliver it to a stream. And so far, I havent been able link change set on one RTC to a work item on different RTC. Hence, I want to sync up the work items so that i can link the change set to sync'ed work items on the same server.

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ketan Divecha (261812) | answered Oct 28 '13, 4:49 p.m.
Ok, so I was able to link change set to work item on different RTC by using Associate Change Request instead of using Associate Work Item from the right click drop down menu of change sets in Eclipse client. I think this will do for now, buut please let me know if there is a better way of doing this. Thank you all for your input.
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 28 '13, 7:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is the right way to do it.  The "Change Request" relationship is the link you have to use to connect a change set to a work item in a different RTC instance.   The "Work Item" relationship can only be used to link a change set to a work item in the same RTC instance as the change set.

Tony DeFarlo commented Jul 02 '14, 3:49 p.m.

What if the change set is in RTC4, and the work items are in RTC2? Doable?

Tim Mok commented Jul 02 '14, 4:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think you would be able to do that. The ability wasn't added until RTC 3.0 and you wouldn't be able to use any RTC client to connect to both servers to perform the linking.

2 other answers

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Oct 28 '13, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suspect you may not have linked the two project areas.
This link appears to be the steps to perform this from the web client.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.help.common.jazz.calm.doc/topics/t_calm_link_projects.html&scope=null

In Eclipse, the "Association" settings can be found on the links tab of the PA.
Right click the project area, choose open, locate the links tab at the bottom of the section.
Set up the association as described in the above article.

Comments
Ketan Divecha commented Oct 28 '13, 1:58 p.m.

I have successfully linked the project areas, i wish i could show you the screen shot. i am just not able to see the project on friend RTC from the drop down on the right.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Oct 24 '13, 2:21 p.m.
Hi Ketan,
You can integrate two separate servers according to: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.help.common.jazz.calm.doc/topics/r_calm_cfg_roadmap.html. This document explains how to link two project areas (the one with scm code and another with work items).
Let us know if it helps you.

Comments
Ketan Divecha commented Oct 28 '13, 10:29 a.m. | edited Oct 28 '13, 7:19 p.m.

Thank you for the response, unfortunately I am still not able to link to work items on different RTC server, see screen shot below. It doesnt list projects on friend RTC server, the server i am trying to link to ends in .68, i have setup both RTC servers as  friends/consumers of each other.

Karl Weinert commented Oct 28 '13, 10:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ketan,

The screen shots did not appear to attach correctly.
You need to use the insert image from the toolbar rather than just copy and paste them otherwise it looks like they got attached but they can't be seen by other people.

Ketan Divecha commented Oct 28 '13, 10:36 a.m.

I tried insert first but it said sorry, file uploading requires reputation > 60

Karl Weinert commented Oct 28 '13, 11:26 a.m. | edited Oct 28 '13, 11:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was able to get your screen shot from the post.
I cropped it a bit, let me know if you wanted the entire screen shot.

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 28 '13, 11:59 a.m.

REP > 60 ?  I have much higher haven't had any success adding image :'-(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.