It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I know all users details who created the repository workspace and loaded the components

Pheneenda gadipoodi (11710) | asked Oct 24 '13, 2:25 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 1:28 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

We have some streams and several components. For auditing purpose we want to create a report with details like user names who created repository workspace and what components he/she loaded.

Please let us know is there any way to generate this report using JAVA. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Pheneendra G

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 28 '13, 4:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pheneendra.  Via IWorkspaceConnection you can find out who created the workspace, and which components it has, but not which have been loaded.  There is nothing in the representation of IWorkspace or IWorkspaceConnection, or anything else server-side, to keep track of which components have been loaded.

This is tracked only client-side, where IShare objects keep track of which top-level items (often corresponding to Eclipse projects) are loaded, from which repository workspace, and in which local sandbox i.e. filesystem location.
See:
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemCore.getSharingManager()
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.ISharingManager.allShares(IProgressMonitor)
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.IShare.getSharingDescriptor()
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.ISharingDescriptor.getComponent()
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.ISharingDescriptor.getConnectionHandle()

The connection handle can be cast down to IWorkspaceHandle.

Comments
Pheneenda gadipoodi commented Nov 28 '13, 11:50 p.m.

Thank you very much for your quick answer Nick.

I am writing client side program only using JPJC libraries. Could you please elaborate your answer, I mean could you please provide sample code.

Thanks,
Phaneendra G.

Nick Edgar commented Nov 29 '13, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not familiar with JPJC. What does that stand for?

As for the code, it should be pretty straightforward, essentially calling the methods in sequence on the previous result.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Nov 13 '13, 6:44 a.m.
 Hi Pheneenda,

You can get the details who has created RWS on particular Stream.

Right Click on Stream and Select New Flow Diagram.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_

Note: you need the Admin privilege on the repository.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Pheneenda gadipoodi commented Nov 28 '13, 3:45 a.m.

Thanks for your response Arun. However I want to get this information using JAVA program.
Now I have written program to get all work spaces created by different users using workspace manager and workspace connection classes, but the problem is that my program returning both loaded and not loaded components in the workspace where as I need only loaded components information.

Please suggest is there any way to get only loaded components information from the workspace or workspaceconnection object

Thanks,
Phaneendra G

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.