It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

External content widget on RQM dashboard, does not show any content .

seema prabhu (166) | asked Oct 23 '13, 9:20 a.m.
In RQM 4.0.1 , the external content widget does not display any content. I tried using IE9, IE10, Firefox ( version 24). But the widget displays empty white screen. URL used was https://www.google.co.uk/.
Please  can anyone suggest a fix for this? This used to work previously.

Thanks

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 23 '13, 10:28 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '13, 10:28 a.m.

Hi Seema,
Using widgets requires having access to web pages from your server. You might any error messages in your server logs.
Can you look into your rqm.log and jts.log? What is the error message there?

seema prabhu commented Oct 23 '13, 10:32 a.m.

Hi!

The widget now works ( but not for Google URL) . However, it only works in IE10, but not on Firefox.

One answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Oct 23 '13, 10:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello! I see "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" on the "external" (the link you used) and that tells me that the widget definitely is trying to connect to the page given..

Might be silly; can you try the URL without the "/" char at the end?

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
seema prabhu commented Oct 23 '13, 10:30 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply. It was the google URL that was not working . I tried with another link and it works, however only in IE10. In Firefox, the External content window still shows blank.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.