It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merge different components/streams

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Oct 22 '13, 5:56 p.m.
retagged Dec 03 '13, 3:08 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 I have a 1.x stream with Comp1 and I have a 2.x stream with Comp2. I need to merge some changes from Comp2 to Comp1. The component names are different. I have no idea why they are different but they are. 

I opened the changeset, selected some folders then right clicked > New > Patch but the patch technology won't work with binaries. I would think binaries would be easier than text but I guess not. Is there a way to get changes merged from Comp2 to Comp1? The folder structure in each component is the same. 

I've done some searches but and did find the thread "Can we merge two different components" but that doesn't actually answer my questions. That thread talking about moving changes from one component to another. I want to merge not move. 

Any help would be appreciative. 

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 23 '13, 3:01 a.m.
Hi Jeff,

As per my understanding you can't merge two different components. since its two different logical group of features under a stream which storing the source file.

You can set the flow target set to flow the changes between different but you should have same component under both the streams.

you can do Move in Repository ( moving a project to another component)

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.