It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Components from the rtc stream

Vijayakumar B (22610) | asked Oct 17 '13, 4:49 p.m.
retagged Dec 03 '13, 11:14 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I am developing a rtc utility project which my eclipse plugins are going to consume.

As a part of it i am creating several rtc interfaces (inprogress), and current i am struck with one util.

Given the Stream name, how can i get the component inside that. i tried to use the IComponentSearchCriteria to get it, but it asking for either partial or exact name to get the component. but my util will know only the stream  and project area. its job is to get components from the stream

So anything that filters my search to a particular Stream will help.

Any thought or help on this please.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 18 '13, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, please have a look here, this should at least give you an Idea where to look.
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/managing-workspaces-streams-and-components-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/
Vijayakumar B selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vijayakumar B commented Oct 18 '13, 10:22 p.m.

Thanks Ralph. That gave me more than what i wanted.  

2 other answers

permanent link
kiren sk (1527) | answered Aug 19 '14, 5:09 a.m.
 You can use the overloaded method

IFlowNodeConnection.IComponentAdditionOp addComponent(IComponentHandle comp,
                                                      IConnection seed,
                                                      boolean produceDetailedUpdated)

where the seed can be the input stream where your targetted baseline is present.

permanent link
Vijayakumar B (22610) | answered Jan 15 '14, 7:24 p.m.

Could any one you please suggest how to copy paste the component from one stream another using java api.

By copy paste i mean, the component1 with baseline x, which i pick from stream 1, should be placed as such to Stream 2. But i am always getting the  Initial baseline (ie. baseline 1) of that component created in stream 2.

your suggestion will be most helpful for me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.