It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do we fix this CRJAZ1992E The "com.ibm.team.process.RequestRemoteEnterpriseProcessUpdatesTask" task could not be completed and is now unscheduled. Error details: "CRJAZ0548I Failed to prepare the txn mode."

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked Oct 17 '13, 3:29 p.m.
we upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 a week ago. Previously when we upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 we got the following error
CRJAZ1992E The "com.ibm.team.process.RequestRemoteEnterpriseProcessUpdatesTask" task could not be completed and is now unscheduled. Error details: "CRJAZ0548I Failed to prepare the txn mode."

the fix was to increase the jdbc connection from 3000 to 6000 and restart the server. This resolved the issue for our 4.0.3 upgrade. The value has not changed and we have rebooted 3 times since upgrading to 4.0.4 and the error remains. This is frustrating I don't see anything that resolves this other than open a PMR. There is nothing in the logs etc. I would appreciate something more concrete so we don't have to spend weeks with Support asking for logs etc before we get some traction from development on this issue.
windows 2008 R2, sql 2008 R2, Websphere 7.0.23 Single DB server Single App server, 125 users
please advise

Comments
Jared Burns commented Oct 17 '13, 4:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please open a PMR and open as a high severity. You should not have to reboot your servers, and definitely not that often.

Ginny Ghezzo commented Oct 17 '13, 5:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Wendy,
It looks like you already found the other forum that references the JDBC Connection Pool and the CRJAZ0548I error.    Unfortunately it looks like you have already tried the recommended resolution.

I agree with Jared, open a PMR or have your previous one reopened.  

(reference :  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/118828/error-message-background-task-crjaz1992e?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F118828%2Ferror-message-background-task-crjaz1992e%20and%20https://jazz.net/forum/questions/122837/the-comibmteamprocessrequestremoteenterpriseprocessupdatestask-task-could-not-be-completed )

Accepted answer

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Oct 17 '13, 5:04 p.m.
the PMR is open, IBM Service Request: Service request 68809 L6Q 000 has been updated - CRJAZ1990E Diagnostic Error.
Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Wendy Murphy commented Oct 18 '13, 10:25 a.m.

so I opened the pmr and we are circling the drain.

sam detweiler commented Mar 07 '14, 1:40 p.m.

was there ever a resolution on this? we just started getting it.. on 4.0.4 

Wendy Murphy commented Mar 07 '14, 3:03 p.m.

no the PMR was closed an APAR PI05548 was opened and I have not heard since.

One other answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Oct 17 '13, 4:05 p.m.
As a test, i would suggest increasing the JDBC connections again and also increase the mediator settings.  If this does not resolve the issue and restarts do not provide relief, i would open a PMR. 

If a PMR is openned, collect the ISALight output on each server and upload.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.