It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can BIRT extract Dashboard information?

Bill Taylor (1441533) | asked Oct 17 '13, 9:00 a.m.
Can I get access to RTC dashboard information in BIRT. I've looked at "com.ibm.team.dashboard.Dashboard" but it's not returning any data in Preview

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Oct 18 '13, 1:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The dashboard reports will actually run off data in the datawarehouse. It is almost the exact same as your normal reporting process, except the dashboards run 'micro' reports. Therefore, if you want to customize a report in BIRT that is on the datawarehouse, you can gather the information from the data warehouse.

Comments
Bill Taylor commented Oct 21 '13, 3:00 p.m.

Thanks for your response, Stephanie, but I'm looking for information about dashboards, not the reports they run - in particular, how many tabs in each dashboard. We are trying to measure how much RTC has been adopted by each project areas and this is one of the indicators.

Stephanie Bagot commented Oct 21 '13, 3:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We don't collect the tab information in the datawarehouse, so you wouldn't be able to report off of it unless you try to grab the data from the live RTC database. I am not sure how we would store this information or even if it is logistically saved as "tab" or referenced in some other way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.