It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I download the 4.0.4 RTC p2 repository

Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | asked Oct 16 '13, 4:37 p.m.
Hello jazz.net team,

Today i was looking for the RTC4.0.4  client extention.  The goal was to add this to an existing eclipse client without having to use IM.  In the process I discovered:

1. When using IE  8 to view the all downloads page, the plain zip files do not appear.  i can only see the Web Installer, the Download the repository and EE downloads.
2. To view the full list of available downloads I need to use FF
3. For the plain zip section, we only provide a 3.6 download and not 4.2
4. We nno longer provide the API  documentation, which if memory serves i use to get from this page
5. There were no downloads that only contained the plain zip p2 extention

Questions:
1. Where can I get the RTC extention so to manually add to an existing eclipse client
2. Where is the API documentation located now?

Here is the page I was viewing
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.4?p=allDownloads

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 16 '13, 6:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. I assume that is in the "p2 Install Repository".   Have you checked in there?
2. It is in the "Plain .zip files" section, titled "Plain Java client libraries API documentation"

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Oct 16 '13, 7:00 p.m.

Okay, guess by the time i got to testing with FF, I was a bit frustrated and did not scroll all the way to the bottom.  My mistake.

However for the p2p repository, it  only looks like we provide the 3.6.  Where is the 4.2?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 16 '13, 7:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I vaguely recall that we want customers to use IM to install the RTC plugin into Eclipse 4.2 ... I believe because that is the only way to shell-share correctly in Eclipse 4.2 with certain other Rational products like RAD 9.x.   But I'll need one of our Eclipse experts to confirm/explain/correct that recollection.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.