It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Team Concert R4.0.2--> Why the Related Plans added in a new Test Plan?

Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia (731520) | asked Oct 15 '13, 2:49 p.m.
Hi !

I'm working in the RTC v4.0.2, the project area has different team areas.
For example, this is my case, I have team area called "Sandbox". It has the timeline (Sandbox TM) and many iteration(Sandbox R1, Sandbox R2, Sandbox R3). The iterations are all marked as "A release is scheduled for this iteration".
When I create a new Release Plan called "Sandbox Plan", I assign the "Sandbox" team area as Owner and select an iteration i.e "Sandbox R1". After saving the plan, in the "Link" tab automatically appears "Related Plan" links and show other plans (sometime one, other times 2). Those related plans have the same owner but are for another iteration.

My question: why are those Related Plan links automatically created? is there any condition, that I don't pay attention or configuration that I did in a wrong way? Is this the supposed behavior? Should it automatically link to other Plans? Which are the conditions? 

Thanks a lot

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Oct 15 '13, 4:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
this is expected as per my understanding....

so, the plans that show up as related are :
1.  could be many - depending on if there were multiple plans created for the same release or iteration
2.  one - for the backlog iteration on that release or iteration.

however, i have seen no possibility to alter this behavior...

hope this helps you avoid surprises... but if you have noticed something more that what i covered in the bullets above, add on and we could get more insights from other experts...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.