It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

procedure for resetting a CCM

Dave Marsico (4511014) | asked Oct 15 '13, 11:13 a.m.
I have an RTC 4.0.3 environment (linux)  with 1 JTS and multiple CCMs (using oracle DB) with a datawarehouse configured...  I'm interested in clearing the data from "ccm1",   perhaps by running repotools-ccm.sh -dropTables...  But curious what needs to be done for the data warehouse in this case... and of course if there are other/different steps for accomplishing this successfully.  Are there any documented procedures for this type of scenario?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Oct 16 '13, 10:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dave,

The DW has information of the dropped CCM projects, but it will not be confused as all Projects are uniquely identified by a UUID(26 character long alpha numeric value). Sure the DW will still contain the data but it will not affect the function of other existing CCM's and their projects.

If you concern is the amount(size) of data i.e you want to trim down the DW and remove the records of the dropped CCM's projects, there is no special utility of function to achieve that. The only solution would be to drop the DW, create a new one and populate it using the ETL.

Hope that helps.
Sandy
Dave Marsico selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dave Marsico commented Oct 16 '13, 10:38 a.m.

Many thanks, that really addresses my concern perfectly.  My DW content is quite small, so I think I can live with leaving some residue if it will cause no harm.

One other answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Oct 16 '13, 5:11 a.m.
edited Oct 16 '13, 5:12 a.m.
Can you elaborate on what exactly do you want to accomplish? Dropping CCM tables will simply delete all the data from the DB (which I'm sure you are aware of), so perhaps it would be easier to simply retire the application, archive all the projects and unregister it? Then you could start from scratch using a new CCM

Comments
Dave Marsico commented Oct 16 '13, 7:43 a.m.

Piotr,  thanks for the reply/interest,   to elaborate, yes this CCM contained 100's of GB of data associated with "trial migrations" from another SCM...  So at this point the data is no longer necessary (including the project areas), so  my goal is to just wipe it clean and start over.  and reuse that ccm "URL"...   So while I believe I can  execute drop tables to wipe this CCM clean,   I'm suspecting that I am also "need" to drop the Data Warehouse as well, as it contains data from this CCM (as well as the JTS and other CCM)... Suspecting the DW may be confused if I don't...   So thats really my goal understand what all might be required...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.