It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I run two 'scm load' in a same sandbox?

liang wang (122) | asked Oct 14 '13, 5:53 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 11:48 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

For daily build purpose, we need to load 5 components from different streams/projects into a same sandbox/directory.
To load codes fastest, I prefer to load the 5 components at the same time by 5 'scm load' processes'; however, I got this error message:
--------------------------------
scm load -r rtc ego_EGO1_2_6_Gold_Patch_bld
Problem running 'load':
Another RCP application is running in this sandbox. File locked at file:/pcc/build_eng/liang/work/tmp
--------------------------------
How can I do to load the codes parallel?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered Oct 15 '13, 9:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Liang,

I don't think you can use a same sandbox from different processes at a same time. This is controlled by .jazzlock which is in .jazz5 folder in the sandbox. You cannot delete .jazzlock file during other processes use it. Why don't use move files into somewhere after loading one by one?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 15 '13, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can create a single workspace that has the components from the other streams. The flows can be set at the component level so that you can work with the different streams but perform a single load command for all the components.

Comments
liang wang commented Oct 21 '13, 9:48 p.m. | edited Oct 22 '13, 12:54 a.m.

Thank you all. Both your suggestions are OK to me, and the later is more convenient.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.