It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Save personal project properties

Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | asked Oct 14 '13, 5:34 a.m.
Hello,
I would like to know if it's possible to save custom project properties in order to use it in Java code.
For example, project manager could save a default owner by project and this owner could be used on a specific state.
Another example : project manager could save a template of resolution and this resolution could be used when people resolved a defect.
I think it sould be possible in the process configuration source xml file but I don't have the syntax... Then how can I obtain this parameter from api ?
Can you help me ?

Regards
Mathieu

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 14 '13, 12:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Could you provide a little more detail? For your first example, do you want this default to only work when that specific manager is making a change? Would this default owner be different by state, e.g., when an item is New, it is owned by Bob, when it is Working it is owned by Ted, etc.? Default values are an attribute customization and are configured per project area, but perhaps that's not what you are looking for?

Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 15 '13, 4:57 a.m. | edited Oct 15 '13, 11:51 a.m.

Hello Millard,
I am trying to be more clear :-)
Yes, for example, I would like that default owner will be different by state. But it's just an example.

My main aim is to replace ClearQuest by RTC :-)
On clearquest, we can create a project workitem which contains all needed information to manage the project. For example, on this project workitem, we can set people who are in CC of all email, we can set open time for support ... And all this defined values are used by perl code when we change the state of ChangeRequest.

So now, on RTC, I have reproduced with a plugin the code on the "save" action but I don't know where I can store all needed values to my code. I think I have 2 solutions :

1) on the process configuration xml file
How ? What is the syntax ? I try it (My plugin Name is UpdateFieldOnSave) :

<role id="default">
      <operation id="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">
          <precondition id="UpdateFieldOnSave" name="Update Field On Save"/>
                <parameter id="myNewParameterID" value="ItsValue" />
           </preconditions>
      </operation>
 </role>

2) I have another idea. In the configuration window where I declare my plugin, is it possible to create a configuration tab with specific value ? For example :

In fact, in some configuration, I have a tab where I can specify argument.

Can you help me ?
Thanks for your help.

Regards
Mathieu

One answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Oct 15 '13, 2:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a wiki page that talks about adding new preconditions (advisors) here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/PreconditionFollowupCreation

This page explains how you can define a custom schema for your XML (optional) as we as how you can define an "aspect editor" for your precondition, which is your own custom UI to edit the configuration details in eclipse (more on that here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProcessAspectEditorCreation).

There is also support in Jazz-based products for providing custom precondition editors in the web administration UI. That support is not yet exposed in RTC, but there is a development effort underway to adopt it. If you're interested in using the web for this configuration instead of eclipse, look here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributeOperationBehaviorWebEditor.

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 16 '13, 8:19 a.m.

Hello Jared,
Thanks for this information. I am try to test it this end of week

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.