It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to create a Trend report plotting the changes of a RTC custom integer field over time ?

Christophe Lucas (86224948) | asked Oct 14 '13, 4:48 a.m.
edited Oct 14 '13, 4:48 a.m.
 We have a RTC custom work item type ('Project_Information') which contains a custom integer field ('Project_Spent_Budget').

Using a Reporting tool (not BIRT, not RRDI, not Insight) which accesses the RTC databases directly (RTC and DW), we want to create a Report which plots the trend/changes of the Project_Spent_Budget field over time.
So this Report needs to access each 'Project_Spent_Budget' field change, and plot a Report as per picture below.

Is this possible ? 
If Y, which exact DB table(s) should we look at to capture all the Project_Spent_Budget changes (date of change and new value) ?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Oct 15 '13, 9:25 a.m.
I hands-on'ed this one, i.e. created 1 Project_Information work item, and changed the value (integer) of its Project_Spent_Budget field 3 times.

What I observed looking at the DB2 tables is as follows:
(1) In the DW database, RIODS.REQUEST table, 1 row is created for the Project_Information work item (identified by REQUEST_ID)
(2) In the DW database, RICALM.REQUEST_HISTORY table, 3 rows are created corresponding to the 3 changes to Project_Spent_Budget field (each change/row is identified by 1 REQUEST_HISTORY_ID, all have the same REQUEST_ID identified in (1))
(3) in the DW database, RICALM.REQUEST_HISTORY_INT_EXT, for the 3 rows corresponding to each above REQUEST_HISTORY_ID, I see in the NAME column the name of my changed Project_Spent_Budget field (com.ibm.*.workitem.attribute.Project_Information.Project_Spent_Budget), and in the VAL column the changed value of the field.

So that answers my original question.

Comments
Christophe Lucas commented Oct 15 '13, 9:34 a.m.

Just noticed that there is neither a 'Mark this answer as the accepted answer' option, nor a possibility to 'Like' your answer when you answered your own question... so just confirming here that the above answer did answer my original question :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.