It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

where to find baseline id(uuid)

xu xiaojing (1111) | asked Oct 13 '13, 11:51 p.m.
 How to find baseline's uuid in the web client or software client?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 14 '13, 8:07 a.m. | edited Oct 14 '13, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In case there is some kind of workaround we could provide, what will you be doing with the UUID, that makes you want to have it be available from the GUI, rather than using the command line to retrieve it?

xu xiaojing commented Oct 14 '13, 11:46 p.m.

Because the baseline maybe reduplicative,so when I build a project ,I should write the baseline's UUID to distinguish them.But my customers use RTC's GUI,so we should find the UUID in the GUI.If you can help me,thank you very much!!!

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 15 '13, 1:15 a.m.

What will you be doing with the baseline UUID once you have it?   In particular, when you say "I should write the baseline's UUID to distinguish them", where are you going to write the UUID to?

xu xiaojing commented Oct 15 '13, 2:26 a.m.

I will write the baseline's UUID as one of the parameters(others are stream&component) to clarify the changeset's location further,then through the location we can retrieve the changeset using program.Can you understand me?

One answer

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered Oct 14 '13, 12:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Xu,

Does this help you?
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/40323/getting-baselines-uuid

Comments
xu xiaojing commented Oct 14 '13, 12:46 a.m.

Thank you for your help,but I want to find it in the RTC software client or the web client,not the command line.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 14 '13, 12:54 a.m.

I'm not aware of a way to find out the UUID of a baseline through the Eclipse, Visual Studio, or web clients.

Simon Eickel commented Oct 14 '13, 1:47 a.m.

yes - agree with Geoff.
In the Web UI you can find the uuids of all elements when just hovering over the link and than take a look at what URL he will use - there the uuid appears (or just follow the link and get it out of the address bar).
But you have no links for baselines - so no trick :(

xu xiaojing commented Oct 14 '13, 3:41 a.m.

Thank you all the same!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.